Go back to blog
Covid-19 – Information for Guests
- Tuesday 15th September 2020
In line with the Victorian Government’s easing of COVID-19 restrictions, we are happy to announce that we will reopen our doors to the public Saturday 19 September for the school holiday period (closing again Monday 5 October).
Our mission is to create truly memorable experiences and we place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees. We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Some of the measures set out below may be clearly visible to you from the moment you arrive and others require consideration from guests to help ensure everyone has a magical visit.
- The Otway Fly Zipline Tours will not be open during the school holiday period.
Prior to your arrival:
- Please make sure you have made your booking online. This includes pre-paying and selecting the date and timeslot of your visit.
- Our valued Annual Pass members must also pre-book their timeslot and can do so here.
- Those with pre-purchased open-dated tickets and third-party tickets must pre-book here.
- We will be open from 6 June for weekends only from 10am - 5pm until further notice.
- Before leaving home, please check our Facebook page or website for the latest information.
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card, rather than cash.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our Otway Fly Treetop Adventures should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Please contact email@example.com should you need to amend your booking.
On arrival at Otway Fly Treetop Adventures:
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
- Guests will notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
- We are required to record contact details for all guests to ensure contact tracing may be conducted if necessary.
- Social distancing measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing within queues. Clear markers or signage has been installed in our building entry,
- Treetop Walk, viewing areas, and café to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. Our employees will monitor the queues to ensure that social distancing is being maintained.
- We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing in our cafe area. Tables and chairs have been recon¬figured to ensure enough distance between seated parties. In areas where strangers are seated together, seats will be removed or blocked to ensure there is a suitable gap between guests.
- We have introduced new capacity limits and timeslots. These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
- We have installed new hygiene screens at our service counters to help physically separate guests from employees.
- We have revised some of our standard operating protocols in order to reduce the proximity of our employees to guests.
Hygiene and disinfection measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures, throughout the day, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touch points, such as hand rails, tables and chairs, service counters, grab and flush handles, door handles/plates, elevator buttons and taps.
- We have introduced new deep cleaning measures in the event that a person presents themselves with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- We have introduced a large number of hygiene stations/hand sanitiser dispensers around the attraction for guests to use.
- We have introduced new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a range of activities that employees routinely perform. These include face masks, disposable gloves, eye protection and hand sanitiser. The use of such equipment and clothing by our employees is both to protect them and our guests.
- We have reduced our menu offering of our cafe to place a greater emphasis on ‘Grab & Go’ options. Cutlery and condiments will now be provided to guests with their meal, or on request, rather than left in open areas.
- As with our employees, we politely request that all our guests uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – whether it be when sneezing or coughing, through regular hand washing or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
- Our employees now participate in COVID-19 specific training programmes instructing them how to stay safe as well as how to keep our guests safe.
- We hope these new health and safety measures provide our guests with confidence and eagerness to us. These are unprecedented times for all communities around the world, and whilst every effort is being taken to protect the safety and wellbeing of our guests, everyone should inform themselves of the risks, conditions and personal responsibilities before they visit.
- We thank you for your custom and understanding. Now, let’s make new magical memories together!