We are open! As part of the Victorian Government's latest COVID-19 restrictions, Otway Fly Treetop Adventures will be opening from 10.00am February 18th.
We place the utmost importance on the safety and well-being of our guests and employees. To support this, we have a range of health and safety measures. Please see our tips below on how to stay safe when visiting our attraction.
Prior to your arrival:
- Please make sure you have made your booking online. This includes pre-paying and selecting the date and timeslot of your visit.
- Our valued Annual Pass members must also pre-book their timeslot and can do so here.
- Those with pre-purchased open-dated tickets and third-party tickets must pre-book here.
- Before leaving home, please check our Facebook page or website for the latest information.
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card, rather than cash.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our Otway Fly Treetop Adventures should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you need to amend your booking
On arrival at Otway Fly Treetop Adventures:
- You must carry a face mask on you unless you have a lawful reason not to. Face masks continue to be mandatory indoor spaces (other than residential homes). Masks are also mandatory outdoors any time you can’t maintain 1.5m distance from other people (except people from your own home).
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
- Guests will notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
- We are required to record contact details for all guests to ensure contact tracing may be conducted if necessary.
- Social distancing measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing within queues. Clear markers or signage has been installed in our building entry,
- Treetop Walk, viewing areas, and café to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. Our employees will monitor the queues to ensure that social distancing is being maintained.
- We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing in our cafe area. Tables and chairs have been recon¬figured to ensure enough distance between seated parties. In areas where strangers are seated together, seats will be removed or blocked to ensure there is a suitable gap between guests.
- We have introduced new capacity limits and timeslots. These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
- We have installed new hygiene screens at our service counters to help physically separate guests from employees.
- We have revised some of our standard operating protocols in order to reduce the proximity of our employees to guests.
In line with the most recent health advice on Covid-19, the wearing of face coverings is mandatory and applies to all attendees 12 years and over and excludes those with certain health conditions and/or disabilities.
Q: Under what conditions is a face covering NOT strongly recommended?
A: A face covering is not strongly recommended in some circumstances including:
- Infants and children under the age of 12 years
- A person who is affected by a relevant medical condition, including problems with their breathing, a serious condition of the face, a disability or a mental health condition
- Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication
- When consuming food, drink or medication
Q: Do I need to provide a medical certificate stating that I have a lawful reason for not wearing a face covering?
Please note that you do not need a medical certificate stating that you have a lawful reason for not wearing a face covering.
Q: What type of face covering is appropriate?
While the Chief Health Officer recommends a mask with three layers, any face covering is better than none. This includes a scarf or bandana or a disposable mask, which you should dispose of responsibly by putting it in the rubbish bin after using it once.
Q: Will your staff also be wearing face coverings?
All customer-facing staff will wear a face mask at our attractions.
Hygiene and disinfection measures within our attraction:
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures, throughout the day, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touch points, such as hand rails, tables and chairs, service counters, grab and flush handles, door handles/plates, elevator buttons and taps.
- We have introduced new deep cleaning measures in the event that a person presents themselves with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- We have introduced a large number of hygiene stations/hand sanitiser dispensers around the attraction for guests to use.
- We have introduced new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a range of activities that employees routinely perform. These include face masks, disposable gloves, eye protection and hand sanitiser. The use of such equipment and clothing by our employees is both to protect them and our guests.
- We have reduced our menu offering of our cafe to place a greater emphasis on ‘Grab & Go’ options. Cutlery and condiments will now be provided to guests with their meal, or on request, rather than left in open areas.
- As with our employees, we politely request that all our guests uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – whether it be when sneezing or coughing, through regular hand washing or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
- Our employees now participate in COVID-19 specific training programmes instructing them how to stay safe as well as how to keep our guests safe.
- We hope these new health and safety measures provide our guests with confidence and eagerness to us. These are unprecedented times for all communities around the world, and whilst every effort is being taken to protect the safety and wellbeing of our guests, everyone should inform themselves of the risks, conditions and personal responsibilities before they visit.
- We thank you for your custom and understanding. Now, let’s make new magical memories together!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my ticket at a later date?
If you have already purchased tickets to our attractions, you may use these tickets for any future date through to December 24, 2020.
I’ve bought a Merlin Annual Pass – what happens?
We want to reassure all Victorian Merlin Annual Passholders that we will be extending your passes by 60 days. You won’t need to do anything as your pass will be updated automatically. We will let Passholders know further updates via email, our social media channels and this page.